Funsolve is a young business with a wealth of experience. Since 2015 we have been helping developers and publishers with their AAA products both visually and with their design. Funsolve are based in Rugby, leafy Warwickshire, England in the heart of the UKs game development hot bed.
Our mission is to build superb gaming experiences that are fun, rewarding and memorable. Making great games requires strong teams, good leadership and the best environment to create, we’re building a world class development team and would like to speak with anyone that shares our vision.
Senior Environment Artist
We’re looking for a for an experienced and dedicated Environment Artist to join a team in creating our first AAA console title.
Roles & Duties
- Work alongside Game Director and Lead Artist maintaining high-quality 3d asset production to the established art pipeline.
- Create outstanding quality environment assets required for a high-octane arena-based sports/action title.
- Identifying environment performance and functionality requirements, able to feedback to the rest of the team confidently.
- Develop and maintain art asset pipelines, tools, workflows and their related documentation.
Skills & Expertise
- Ability to work confidently alone and take ownership for all environment assets.
- Ability to understand and adhere to art direction and in turn, contribute via effective communication skills to the project development.
- Ability to self-manage and problem solve proactively, given the nature of remote-working.
- Demonstrable portfolio of work required.
- 5+ years industry experience as an Environment Artist OR the ability to show experience of working through the entire development of a AAA title.
- Experience of creating for console and/or PC.
- Experience using Unreal an advantage.
- Ability to critique and provide constructive feedback.
- Able to work with a team across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Able to sympathetically identify potential problems and create practical solutions.
- Understand other departments needs and requirements suggest improvements, etc….
We are currently not accepting applications from agencies for this role. Only Direct Applications please.