Funsolve is a young business with a wealth of experience. Since 2015 we have been helping developers and publishers with their AAA products both visually and with their design. Funsolve are based in Rugby, leafy Warwickshire, England in the heart of the UKs game development hot bed.
Our mission is to build superb gaming experiences that are fun, rewarding and memorable. Making great games requires strong teams, good leadership and the best environment to create, we’re building a world class development team and would like to speak with anyone that shares our vision.
FS05 / Closing Date for Applications March 31st 2018
We’re looking for an experienced and dedicated designer to lead a team in creating our first AAA console title. You will be a credited lead designer or sub group lead on at least 2 game projects and ideally one of these would have been for a console.
Roles & Duties
- Reporting to Game Director and coordinate with studio leads on design objectives.
- Lead the design team in shaping the games overall design
- Support in the recruitment for design roles in unison with studio budgets and objectives.
- Develop and maintain design pipelines, tools, workflows and their related documentation.
- Work closely with game team to prototype game elements.
- Provide training for designers in various tools and processes.
- Facilitate communication between design, art, code and engine teams.
Skills & Expertise
- Excellent at generating ideas for gameplay and structure around a core theme
- Able to communicate ideas and champion the experimentation of it
- Confident to test and throw away ideas that do not work
- Superb organisation of ideas into design specification; maps, charts and tables for game structure
- Understands player difficulty and can provide solutions in catering for this.
- Can evangelise a games design, objectives and purpose.
- Ability to critique and provide constructive feedback.
- Able to work with a team across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Able to sympathetically identify potential problems and create practical solutions.
- Understand other departments needs and requirements suggest improvements
AGENCIES NOTE: We are currently not accepting applications from agencies for this role. Only direct applications will be engaged with.